Thursday, January 14, 2010

And Now a Blog

Alright, this is the first real post of the official Regex Storm blog. Blogger seems to be the popular choice, so I went with it. They have some really nice customization options and can publish directly to your domain, but I probably won't get around to that for a bit.

So why a blog? Because I am learning an unbelievable amount working on Regex Storm and wanted a place to put it all. Plus, I can talk about current plans and maybe get a little feedback.

This being the first real post, I guess I'll give the backstory.

I decided 6 months ago that I wanted to make a regex testing website. But I didn't have a good home PC to code on, and didn't want to spend the money for one with my wedding coming up, so I waited. And plotted...

I eventually got a new laptop and started working on Regex Storm in my free time. Regex Storm went live 6 weeks later, on the first day of 2010.

Of course, no website is ever "done", so I'm still chugging away. And I have very big plans.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home